Rev. Oreste Pandola Adult Learning Center
St. Leo's School
914 Stiles Street
Fall, 2014 Courses Announced
Students Share Their Experiences
Peter A. Ranieri
It is with extreme sadness that we announce the loss of our dear brother, uncle, and dear friend of the Rev. Oreste Pandola Learning Center -Peter A. Ranieri.
Peter was extremely proud of his culture, heritage, and language. He was very proud of the Center and assisted in every possible way to ensure its success.He was so pleased at the number of students that attended sessions in his beloved St. Leo's School. He enjoyed attending weekly sessions, telling jokes, and donating delicious cookies. We extend our sincere sympathy to his family and numerous friends. We cherished knowing him and will remember his warmth and kindness.
NEW NEW NEW NEW
"Understanding the Italian in all of Us"
We are honored and privileged to announce the following course to be presented at our Center this fall. It is a very interesting session. So many have asked these questions and now you have the opportunity to discover the answers.
It will begin on Sat. Oct. 4, 2014 and conclude on Dec. 6, 2014 from 12:00 to 2:00.
"Understanding the Italian in all of Us" and the eight questions below will be covered in the eight weeks of the course.
At present there will be no textbooks required, however some suggested readings could be recommended and discussed.
Syllabus: For eight sessions
- Have you ever wondered how and why your family came to America and to Baltimore?
- Do your Italian American roots go back to American colonial times?
- Were your Italian American ancestors involved in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War?
- Why did Little Italy come about?
- Why did your family change its name?
- Why are the predominant Italians in Baltimore from Sicily, Abruzzo and le Marche?
- Why and how did European politics of 200 years effect who left Italy and where?
- Get in touch with your past in eight weeks at the Rev. Oreste Pandola Learning Center and participate in discovering some of the facts, funny and sad, of the Italian diaspora!
- Instructor: Elia Mannetta
- Sat. (12-2) Fee: $25.00
We offer this at a special rate as part of our Center’s mission-to promote an understanding of our Italian heritage and culture. Please plan to join the class
Enjoy attending sessions in Baltimore's historic Little Italy.
For information call 410.866.8494
This Baltimore Web Ring site owned by Thom LaCosta .
Previous 10 | Skip prev | Previous |
Next | Skip next | Next 10
Random Site | List Sites | Join Baltimore Web Ring